Friday, August 25, 2006

Anomalies in Engine Analysis

That's it. Angry. Annoyed. Frustrated. Ok, not really angry yet. Just bloody sick of this frickin engine analysis. I thought I was so close but I've got an analysis that simply makes no sense. And so I've pretty much gotta start from scratch - despite already having put in a solid five or six hours work. Can you feel my pain? Didn't think so. Didn't think so. Suck in a deep breath and get to work... get to work. You can do it. I can do it. I can do it. Oh no. That was the first pang of head ache. It's ok it's gone now. Dammit I don't want to. Don't want to do it. Ok. To work now.

3 Comments:

Blogger JK said...

Sounds mind blowing! I still can't work out why i didn't choose that course.

lol

12:32 am  
Blogger BSJ-rom said...

It's really quite simple. You get intake from 0-180deg, compression from 180-360, powerstroke from 360-540 and exhaust from 540 to 720. It's not complicated at all - except that rather than just getting positive work done in my power stroke, I was getting some other weird overlap. Now, if my results and analysis are correct, that truly is mind bending, if not, as you say, blowing. Considering that for some loads the data and analysis look normal and work out fine, the same analysis should work on all of them. I just don't know what to believe... As you can tell, I'm still flustered about the affair.

10:37 am  
Blogger Jonny said...

I don't know if this makes a difference to your model, but with a 4-stroke engine the intake valves are not just open from 0-180. The valves open well before TDC and may close a fiar bit after BDC. Meaning the intake valves maybe open for 240 degrees, not 180 degrees. But they don't open and close instantly either, they open slowly on a cam. The same goes for the other 3 strokes. Ignition is before TDC. And there is overlap between exhaust and intake valves open at the same time.
There is software you can download, type in the specs of your engine and you get power and torque out.

12:43 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home