Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Jobs Jobs Jobs




Well, who'd have thought that after reading through pages of my tiresome self-acclaiming literature that people would actually want to talk to me.

In fact, the DMO (civilian part of the defence force that does all the procurement) actually wanted to fly me over to Canberra... on the day of my last exam.

I have a theory that it was actually a bunch of Tasmanians who were sick of me that are pitching in for a one-way ticket to the capital.

Anyway, being that super-keen little snicket I am, I organised to get one exam moved to the morning and the other exam deferred, only to find that the Friday timeslot had been taken.

I was shattered. I have three exams. One early and then two in two days at the death. So by deferring my last exam, it would mean having only one exam to study for at a time. Sounded fantastic.

So, I got on the phone and punched out a few emails asking if they could put me down in the Friday slot anyway.

It turns out that they are happy for me to do the interview with the Victorian engineers in Melbourne. Why I wasn't already classed with them, I cannot say. Either way, their interviews will then be the week after exams.

Then I got a call from Zinifex. One ten minute interview later it turned out that I had been long-listed and I would be informed at the end of the week if I had been short-listed.

Then, finally, with GHD, a consulting firm. They also called yesterday afternoon. Could I do an interview next Wednesday. No problems.

So, I still haven't heard from SKM, Hydro and BHP (I don't hold out much hope for them).

Anyway, it will be fun and games.

2 Comments:

Blogger mike said...

It's Christine day today... Happy Christine day.

10:41 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow sounds like you're a wanted man...kinda...so it may just be a matter of time till the other places contact you too.

7:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home