Saturday, September 20, 2008

Preseason Begins

The weather is crazy. The sky has erupted and the the shockwaves are shaking the windows.

Ok, slight exaggeration, but it was raining pretty hard and the wind was pretty strong...

I went for a run this morning with Justin and we attacked the hill up to Leslie Vale. As we left, it just started to spit a bit. Undeterred, all decked out in shorts and T-shirt, we headed off. It's a solid 7km up to the top of Leslie Vale and I was starting to feel my breakfast quite early on... Nearing the top, the heavens opened and slapped us with cold stinging rain. But we were going up hill, into the wind most of the way, and we did it in about 35mins, so that was quite impressive. The way back down was really very blowy - a struggle to stay on the road.

But we got there... and back in 64mins, and still with a fair bit of petrol in the tank. So I'm hoping to crack some PBs for Burnie 10 in October and Point to Pinnacle in November.

And then, hopefully that'll set me up for a big footy season...

It's pretty crazy, there's more snow on the mountain again. It seems to have been awfully white for an awful long time.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jonny said...

So how are you knees after 14km?

3:16 pm  
Blogger Jonny said...

Point to Pinnacle? Don't give me ideas. My father had a heart attack doing nothing. My grandfather had 3. I give myself a 50% chance.

11:51 am  
Blogger BSJ-rom said...

Knees are fine. Ended up having a kip for a bit afterwards.

Point to Pinnacle is a bit of fun - unless you're a walker, which means you start an hour earlier.

12:24 pm  
Blogger Renae said...

Nice use of imagery.

9:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home