Saturday, September 06, 2008

Grand Final

I do enjoy grand finals, and today was no exception. I umpired Huonville and Lindisfarne in the SFL Regional League Grand Final. It was all tied up at three quarter time. But despite Lindisfarne being undefeated all year, Huonville kicked away in the last quarter for a surprise victory.

Having run my previous two games in a three-umpire boundary umpire system, there were doubts as to my ability to run out a full four quarters. But I got through. And it was good to umpire with guys who wanted to be there. There was a really good vibe today in the crew, and it was really enjoyable.

We had about 4300 people there, who made a good deal of noise. There's nothing like a good crowd and some sunshine (of which there was plenty) to lift your spirits.

And the grand final fudge combined with the old beer in the shower, whilst stretching also make into my highlights.

1 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

Wow if the crowds keep growing we'll get more people at finals here than at AFL games in Sydney...

6:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home