Monday, August 11, 2008

NEEC/Footy Finals

I am actually going in the National Energy Essay Competition - I'm in with two other guys, so they'll be able ot make all the arguments make sense. It's a lot of work though and the reason that I haven't had my eight hours of sleep per night for about the last week.

Anyway, it's the business end of the footy season now, for us boundary umpires. Coaches are trying to rank each umpire ranking us on our running, our throwing, our decision making, positioning and how good our sigals look.

This season, my game plan has been to run flat out from the opening bounce and then try to hold on as long as possible. But, let's face it, 2h is a long time to be running flat out. And so it's now Monday. I know where I'll be umpiring next Saturday. I know that I'm going to be watched again. And quite frankly, it's quite daunting to go into a game knowing that you're going to have to nail every acceleration point, over the whole game, knowing that every throw in that you have is crucial. Is it really that much of a high pressure thing? I suppose the closer you are to the top, the harder it is to move up. And the easier it is to fall.

Anyway, might be having some weight loss surgery tomorrow...

5 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

Liposuction might definitely be the answer, fatty...

9:37 pm  
Blogger BSJ-rom said...

Far more radical matey.

10:08 pm  
Blogger Renae said...

I've heard about this weight-loss surgery you're having. It's pretty extreme. Make sure you take before and after shots to put up on the blog.

11:59 pm  
Blogger Phil said...

But if you do that you'll stuff up my linkage to your blog!!!

4:24 pm  
Blogger BSJ-rom said...

Too late...

11:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home