Thursday, September 07, 2006

Always need more Poetry...

I've decided that I need more poetry on my blog, so I've dug out my anthology and found this emo-quene. (I reckon quene is a very funky spelling of the more common queen - and I haven't seen it before... does that make it punk?) Anyway, this one's for Phil, in his state of intense emo-ness.

Turning Heads

Walking down the street
Fumbling for the car keys
Moaning mildly at the useless park.

Am I any different?
Don’t I look the same?
Tell me now, what’s it to you anyway?

Walking down the mall
Spying savings
Indulging my cravings

I can’t be invisible
I can’t avoid the emptiness
Is there no excuse?

On the bus
You’ll walk past
Better off three to a seat.

Bliss?
Ignorance?
Never together.

Watch me now
Look me in the eye
Speak.

I’m always turning heads
They always twist
Desperate to look

The other way.


Ok, so it's all pretty lame but what the hell, we all need a bit of poetry in our lives - especially of the kind that doesn't rhyme.

1 Comments:

Blogger Taz said...

Awww for me? That's so emo!

12:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home