Friday, July 13, 2007

Went to MYC. Am back from MYC. Had a great time at MYC. MYC = Mid-Year Conference.


Amongst the highlights was the opportunity to catch up with my friends, to make new friends and do all this in an environment where we get to know more about our great God - in particular, his sovereignty.

There was also plenty of time to discuss some of the big issues, and some slightly smaller ones too.

I'm always interested to hear thoughts on Christian unity. What boundaries shouldn't be crossed? (How do you back up your thoughts?)

Anyway, there were also some epic table tennis battles - the first to ten sets made for fierce competition. I managed to survive both marathons 10-8, if I recall correctly, the first involved a late slump on my part, the second was a come from behind victory. Moments to savour!

I'm sure I would have lost Carcasonne, but that's ok, it's always fun - except we never did finish the game. Oh well.

On Tuesday, I went to Lonnie to teach the dudes/dudettes about aerodynamics. Several things were quite amusing: first, the two guys I was with, after all these weeks of expressing an overt excitement about engineering in their job interviews, could only muster the courage to say that aerodynamics was the most interesting thing we studied in our 32 subjects at uni... and the kids weren't particularly enthused with that. Maybe I'm mis-reading them. Anyway, we peddled the money/interesting job pitch and went on about how the four years of engineering are just a "hard slog". Which they are.

Second part about it was the fact that the Examiner reported the next day that for the project they had reported "three top honours students". Not exactly how I'd describe myself! All rather amusing...

MYC was the venue of my first ever public soprano sax performance with my new little baby. I didn't squeak (that I can recall). Still much practice to be done, but I do like its sound.

I'd be interested to hear hypotheses for the MYC mystery...

So far rumours have left me quite omni-present... Tim, you are excluded from the comp unless you come out with something appropriately outlandish.

So whodunnit? How did they do it? When did they do it? Professor Plum in the lavatory with the lead-piping...

For you non-MYCers, I'll tell you later what little I know...

2 Comments:

Blogger Jonny said...

Who dun it?:
A. Tim
B. Luke Hansards brother
C. Tim Hansard
D. and Simon also.

10:38 am  
Blogger BSJ-rom said...

Yeah, interesting hypothesis.

7:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home