Thursday, October 23, 2008

NEEC/Turbines/Training

You may recall that I was blogging about the National Energy Essay Competition. Well, we've got some results... but they're strictly confidential! It was a 10000 word essay, and they had about 100 entries from across Australia. You had to be below 31 as of some random date... don't actually know exactly how we went... oh well.

I also found out that we have tower climing training and a site visit to Woolnorth. That will give me some much needed credibility as a renewable energy engineer who works primarilly in the wind sector.

I also had my first training session for the "summer" today. 15 200s with 200m jog recovery. Why do people who have no sense of recovery take the pace in the recovery??? I don't know. Anyway, my legs were hurting before I started, and now continue to hurt.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jonny said...

Well, I have no idea about training. I had an enjoyable run of 20min on thursday, and then on Sunday I did a 20km run. But a fair bit of that 20km was walking. Joel (who was right behind you in the BurnieTen in some photos, 40min) wants me to come with him up the mountain on Saturday. I'm not sure how that will go.

11:39 am  
Blogger BSJ-rom said...

Sounds like a worthy challenge and a nice warm up to the P2P.

6:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home