Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Another rejection

I got the email from DMO today saying that we regret to inform you that we cannot offer you a position...

So I called up some place down here in Kingston and they seemed pretty keen to give me a trial - but it's a bit daunting... they want somebody with hands on experience and practical nouse. To be perfectly honest, I don't have heaps of hands on experience at all - but I generally learn relatively quick, so maybe it'll be ok. Pray for me if you would. Anyway, I'll hear from the guy again next Thursday or so.

In other news, I have been invited to hear the Young Australian of the Year Finalists speak at the University Club. So that is very cool. Apparently the Head of School was invited and told he could invite a student or two because one of the finalists is an engineering student (WA entrant), so I got the call up. So that was a bit out of the blue.

Anyway, I should be off reading Smithy's book, but, alas, I am blogging. But it's quarter past eleven and I have a nine am start, so nighty night everybody.

And stay posted for episode six of "How I met Anise". Speaking of that, we were interested in getting some caricatures and illustrations for it, so if anybody is feeling that way inclined, let me know. The caricature may be changing - I think I might be getting a hair cut. Not sure.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

A hair cut?? Is this in preparation for a job?

6:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home