Sunday, August 19, 2007

Ok, the book launch


Right, the book launch... lots of people were there. There was wine provided. Dear old Mr Smith has 4000 books to sell and he would have gotten rid of a few that night. He read chapter three out for us, which was delightful... don't get me started on flimsy negligees. Trash, I tell you, trash... (That's an in joke - having read the first four chapters, it looks like I will actually make it to the end of this book! To be in on the joke, you have to read the start of chapter 3, and then you'll realise how lame I really am.)

Then there was the short doco on where the cash is headed. Ethiopean hospitals for women with fistula. That was quite a confronting video. Then there was Mr Isham's (They're all Mr and Mrs, cos they were my school teachers, anything else would be weird...) review. There were a few nasty little puns... but it was all a wonderful evening with lots of friends some whom I hadn't seen for a little smidgen.

In other news, Michael made it through the novel (Ant and mine) and has given pleasant feedback. I'm still waiting for the real stuff... but comments like, "It wasn't amateurish" were much appreciated - they have done no end of good to my already over-inflated head, hang on, no, it's just hair... that's right, still no hair cut.

Another fantastic weekend ends. Sob. Sigh. Another week to recover from it...

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

I've finished Smithy's book (by the way it's called Quid and Harmony for those who don't know). It really gets going about half way through and is really hard to put down (I nearly didn't finish my physics assignment on Monday because of it!). Yes, all of you who haven't bought it - buy it!

12:16 am  
Blogger BSJ-rom said...

Yes, reading momentum is bad. Almost as bad as facebook trends and blogging exploits.

9:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home