Saturday, November 01, 2008

Race

I'm now a bona fide athlete. I raced a 5km track race this afternoon. Don't know where I came. A few people lapped me. I finished in a time of 18:06. Next 5km time, I hope, will be well under the 18 minute mark.

As far as race analysis - I went out a bit quick, but went through 2km in 7min, which was my aim. At 4km I was 14:40 or so, and finished in 18:06. So, that means that my start was ok, my middle was crap and my end was ok. I'm hoping that a few more races will get me used to running those middle kms.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jonny said...

OK. Now do the duathlon that's on tomorrow.

Well done, but it all sounds too fast and serious for me.

I did the mountain today. There was 1 muscle in my left knee that wasn't ready for it. Not sure how to fix that.

12:05 am  
Blogger BSJ-rom said...

Muscles in knees? Hmmm. when you say you did the mountain, does that mean you ran it?

10:11 pm  
Blogger Jonny said...

Medium running pace, which became a slow jog, then a walk, and eventualy it looked like I needed a walking stick and passing motorists wondered if I was OK.

It was a cramp in a tendon or muscle, maybe the upper left calf? I am told to do stretchs and eat bananas for the potasium.

10:31 pm  
Blogger Phil said...

Also recommend supplementing with some magnesium, it's done wonders for my cramping problems.

8:42 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home