Monday, August 13, 2007

Sunday night shenanigans

Well, I was up all night carting Alan G, Josh and Geo around (not to mention my own portly frame - I think somebody called me fat yesterday, or it might just be that I had fast food thrice this weekend). We went to Mt Stuart lookout, Marieville Esplanade, Dominos, Salamanca, the Bakehouse, outside Henry Jones Art Hotel, the top of the Grand Chancellor and the Cenotaph. Alan got solid footage at all these places (except Dominos). Somehow the school of Fine Arts let him take their 5-6grand hi def video camera. Unbeknownst to them, I was driving...

But we got back all in one piece and very much appreciated the comfort of dad's car!

It was also strange, I had footy training with guys from church. And dad says, "you might as well take my car". It was a mess, muddy, wet and wonderful. Why would dad let me take his car? It makes no sense. But either way, the Eagles won, so I am beastly careless about much of life at the moment. Ok, so that's not quite true, but it sounds emphatic.

Mum started platting my hair... or at least she did one plait and gave up. It was an 11cm long plait. I reckon that would be a pretty cool hair style - not quite dreadlocked, but similarly funky. Mums have such wonderful ideas some times. If I get fit, (as in fit enough for VFL, so I'm actually good enough to get a game), it would all have to come off. I'm getting kind of attached to my hair in more than just a physical sense. (Josh, I hope I'm not stealing your thunder in blogging about my own hair - you can still update me on wool prices - as long as you don't get confused between wool prices and meat prices).

Anyway, much to do today, and it's already 9am...

2 Comments:

Blogger Renae said...

Why would you have to cut it off for the VFL?

11:25 pm  
Blogger BSJ-rom said...

Because they're all proper... and my here just ain't kosher.

They don't want any attention to be drawn to the umpires - particularly cannot have those guys showing individuality. I suppose they get criticised enough as it is, so by standing out you make amplify the severity of mistakes.

On the other hand, if you do a really good job, that also gets noticed - which has been good fun out in local footy, where the standard is pretty low and easy to keep up with and difficult to bugger up.

Anyway, long answer to a short question, but you did ask...

12:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home