Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Go for gold...

Well this is my last week in Lonnie. It's Wednesday afternoon meaning I have only two days of work experience left and then a fortnight holidays. This is a reason to celebrate... at least for the Lonnyites who don't have to put up with me anymore.

But last night I caught up with Sam Nugs and enjoyed some hamburgers, table tennis and watching the passing of the New Zealand cricket team. It was NZ v England, so I wasn't too worried about the result, but Sam was a little upset - but not as cut up as the girl they showed on the tele that was bawling her eyes out. Is she just a manipulative tear jerker or a sad case or... ok, so I don't have the whole story and I'm sure it's perfectly normal to get a bit choked up over your sporting team... ok, so I do not understand it at all and that's that. (Mum would be proud.)

Anyway, I trained with the Lonnie umpires last night as well. They had good numbers for their first session of the year. We did a 3km time trial - I've taken off 15s since last time I did a 3km - in grade 11, but I've put on 15s compared to the equivalent time I was running for the 4km last year. I haven't really been training for the longer stuff, so I wasn't really happy with it, nor was I too upset about it.

Ok, so you've made it to the end of my drivel. You want a medal?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home