Monday, July 23, 2007

Anna Coren Special




Footy finals are just around the corner, so it seems to be a good idea to get fit. So Justin and I went out in the sunshine this afternoon for a rather solid run: 36.5mins up hill followed by 28.5mins back down. So a 65min run. And I can currently feel every single minute of it.

We ran up Leslie Rd (I think that was the one) and it was very clean and green. There were plenty of signs of horses going through there recently and I didn't get any asthma (a regular feature of my running efforts in Launceston last summer). It was funny hearing Justin reminisce about taking the same tracks on his bike back in grade 10.

It reminded me of stuff that I did way back in primary school. (Anna Coren eat your heart out...) I remember my best friend and I would get up to all sorts of shenanigans. I was actually the first person to complete the almond tree crossing (ie getting onto the carport roof by climbing the almond tree. Proud moments. And getting a very nasty case of rope burn from the flying fox we had set up in his backyard. And then there was the "Magic Faraway Tree" in the corner of his property that would give us great view out over the whole neighbourhood. Anyway, I got a call from him on Friday night to say that he'd gotten engaged. Ahh, the days of kiss chasy are over for him. It's a veritable Grey's Anatomy effort: a couple of med students (I hope I've got that right.) I only met the lucky girl on Friday night where we had a kind of "hand shake" over the phone. I remember grade 7 (my first year of grade 7, his only year of grade 7) where we did maths - he would dictate the answers to me just from reading off the question sheet. And then we would do lateral thinking puzzles the rest of the time. Good times.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jonny said...

I had to google Anna Coren because I don't watch TV. Do your uni work!

10:03 pm  
Blogger BSJ-rom said...

You don't watch the Chaser??? It was a beautiful segway.

11:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home