Friday, September 14, 2007

The Wedding

The wedding's tomorrow. My first run as best man... (or co-best man). Have way too much to do. Trying to model a bike chain in a CAD program called Inventor. It's a bit of an epic task. Haven a big intelligent systems assignment due Wednesday too. And I've heard bad rumours from Lonnie about their lack of willingness to fill a footy team for grand final day.

I could have sworn there were other things that were worrying me, but hey, I can't be that stressed if I can't think of them...

3 Comments:

Blogger Jonny said...

A normal bicycle chain is 1/2" single row roller chain. A single speed chain (BMX) will be 3/32" wide. So either 1/2" x 3/32", or the wider 1/2" x 1/8".

A chain for a mountain bike with a derailer is also a 1/2" chain, and a 3/32" wide one will only sort of work. The derailer chains are spacialy made with funny angles to change gear better. They are fairly thin and light.

For your purposes you are probably looking at a generic 1/2" x 3/32" single roller chain. Maybe in Inventer.

The special derailer chains will be called hyperglide or something like that, probably not in Inventer.

1:07 pm  
Blogger Michael said...

Should be quite a few people there...

12:00 am  
Blogger BSJ-rom said...

Thanks Jonny. I'll check the inventor vault...

And they're married.

They better not amalgamate their facebook profile - I would have one less friend...

12:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home