Monday, August 27, 2007

I got up, then I had breakfast. After that I brushed my teeth and had a shower...

Well, a weekend has been and gone.

It was, of course, filled with all sorts of shenanigans.

Friday, I was feeling really really awful after having to get up at a decent hour having had dinner at twenty past one that morning. So Friday evening Nick Hofman and I went to the Drysdale bar - Naomi was serving, so we had to go give her a hard time. Very reasonably priced drinks. Good times.

Then I went back to uni til about 10:15. Then I went to Lisbon Bar to catch some jazz - Randal Muir on Hammond, Al Dobson on sax (tenor and alto), Gillan Gregory on guitar, trumpeter, whose name I have forgotten, drummer, whose name I never knew, bongos/vocals, whose name I never knew. I've probably offended someone even more by forgetting an instrument. Alas, nobody reads this, so that's not the end of the world. (My apologies to anybody who does actually read this.) Either way, I was home by half eleven.

Saturday was the day of the elimination final: Hobart v New Norfolk at Boyer - New Norfolk only won by 59 points. Had three boundary umpires, which was nice, but I was still exhausted by the end of it. The other two guys took pretty good care of me, thank goodness. It wasn't overly quick, it's just that it was constantly moving, so you couldn't really get any quality recovery time. Oh well, got through. Didn't bugger up.

Sunday was productive - I went to church - had to do powerpoint after a latish message on Saturday night. Then went round Mark's place and started watching shooter again. Having gotten about halfway through Rob and I went to watch the girl's soccer - I'm convinced that they need a big preseason with lots of speed work... either way, I spent most of the time practicing my bouncing and my football juggling skills. Work at uni ensued for a couple of hours (successful hours they were) and I just got back at about twenty past five and got a message saying that I would again need to do powerpoint at church. So I did that.

After church I managed to get some sax prac done before reading some more of the old Quid and Harmony...

1 Comments:

Blogger Taz said...

I don't read this blog so it's all good. What is with all these words???

10:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home