Wednesday, November 21, 2007

24h Endurance Race at Maryborough and Weight Loss

Well, I'm all packed for Maryborough. Maryborough is 2.5h west of Melbourne, so it's gonna be a bit of an epic trek to get there, considering we're taking the boat.

The race is from midday Saturday to midday Sunday, I think. Heaps of scrutineering and presentations and all that sort of stuff on Friday. And still got a reasonable amount of work getting the vehicle in shape - got all the parts now, just a case of assembling the jigsaw. We did our last lot of carbon fibring last night, so that's done and dusted.

I've also been getting fit... or starting to. I trained again with the running group last night and realised how unfit I really am. It's struggle street all the way. But on Monday Justin and I managed to get to the top of Leslie Vale, which was 40 mins of solid uphill running, 5 mins break at the top, then 32 mins to come back down the hill. So the fitness is starting slowly to return. I have lost 2kg since exams though, so I've done a few kms.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

The race sounds exciting.

Good job with the training, although I must admit I'm more of a walker than a runner.

5:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home