Monday, October 29, 2007

My thermo exam...

Had my 3rd last exam ever today... it didn't go too well - I somehow discovered a perpetual motion machine - a turbine that put out more energy than a corresponding compressor used up to run the machine. Sheer genius!

Then we had a problem that was quite literally "off the charts". A process was meant to be cooling and ended up heating it so the air was over 100 degrees (ie off the psychrometric chart that we were given).

And then there was a problem with finding the required surface area of a heat exchanger... I though all the formulae would be given. I was wrong.

So yeah... bugger.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jonny said...

I maybe in your thermo class next year.

3:38 pm  
Blogger Renae said...

I just had my 4th last ever! Yeah, so we have to leave this sheltered little world, how sad. It is kinda sad actually. You sad? I'm sad.

4:56 pm  
Blogger BSJ-rom said...

I'm almost an engineer. I almost have no emotion.

There's so much stuff about uni that I won't miss at all. And there's stuff that I will miss. But when it's all said and done, engineering could have been a really interesting degree, but, quite simply, it wasn't. It was just hard.

One of those annoying things where you can't just sit back and look at something and think, gee, that's clever, that's a really cool way of doing things, it's always gotta be, oh crap, gotta do the frickin assignment, don't have time to study til halfway through swatvac and I haven't slept in 30 hours.

There's gotta be a better way of doing things.

Second last one tomorrow.

8:04 pm  
Blogger Jonny said...

I cup of household goon is garanteed to make you sleep a few extra hours. Good for calming the nerves, but not so good when you loose 2 hours of study time. Especialy when you had only budjeted 3 hours study in total.

12:32 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home