Friday, May 23, 2008

Boys' week at the opera

Well, I've just come back from a boys' week at the opera (it was phantom of the opera, which I have been corrected many a time that it is actually a musical). Went to the footy and gave the boys far too much of a running commentary on the boundary umpires. Went to church in Redfern, and then closer to the city after accidentally going over bridge a couple of extra times. I drove in Sydney in Anne-Sophie's car, which makes some interesting, if not charming noises.

Went out to the Blue Mountains on Tuesday, played soccer with Anne-Sophie and her Moore friends on Monday, and went to the show on the Tuesday evening. Caught the shops and was unimpressed with Sydney fashion, so have decided I'm going to have to design my own clothes. Found only one place that sold stuff I liked, but the price tag didn't quite agree...

Then there was the expletiing virgin flight cow who changed my seat allocation from a good one to a bad one. Why? Just because. So it was an empty seat (or rather lots of them) at the front in "Premium Economy" with the back absolutely chockers. Because I hadn't "paid the fare", even though I had entered into a written and verbal contract with them such that I'd have access to seat 3A. Wasn't impressed...

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Irritating, that. Why can't I just sit that chair? No-one else is! I won't even ask for that complementary in-flight bag of nuts (warning - contains nuts) which may be offered to the next class up.

12:03 am  
Blogger Phil said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musical_theatre

After reading the 'definition' section, I remain unconvinced that anyone can validly say it's a music but NOT an opera.

11:54 am  
Blogger BSJ-rom said...

Michael, I'm afraid nothing is complimentary (other than the head sets, so that you can spend five bucks to watch a show), even in premium economy.

Ah wiki, solves all the world's problems. But Phantom is not listed on wiki's list page... alas.

9:13 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home