Tuesday, March 25, 2008

More Stories from the Sea

Bank Holiday Tuesday. Perfect weather. Rob, Nomis and I hit the water just south of Fossil Cove. An epic 3h dive.

Anyway, I had four trumpeter in my bag pretty early on. I swam under a rock, looking for cray, carrying both my spear and dive bag. Sure enough, there were a couple of crayfish. So I put my dive bag (with my four trumpeter) and my spear on top of the rock and kept diving down to get the cray. Then, on the way up, there was a massive ray coming through. It would have been a couple of metres across, so a wee bit ominous. So I high-tailed out of there and hanged around on the rocks. When I went back to collect my spear and bag, my spear was there, but my bag had disappeared. Assumption is that the ray stole my bag and my four trumpeter.

But on the bright side, I managed to get the cray and an ab. So we had a late lunch of cray, crab, and ab. (Nomis picked up a crab on the way through.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Renae said...

I would have died. How insane.. what kind of animal eats a bag just to get to the fish inside?? Weird.

10:32 pm  
Blogger BSJ-rom said...

A big one.

10:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home