Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Sam and Mel's wedding

I spent last weekend in Adelaide for Sam and Mel's wedding. So there are now two Mel Nugterens, but the confusion won't last long as the original Mel Nug is getting married in, I think, 39 days (according to her mother).

Anyway, it was a rather large family event, with converging on Adelaide from all over Australia and New Zealand. Of course, there was a very Dutch flavour too.

I was very well looked after - billeted out to family friends and then I shared in the aftermath with Mel's parents.

The reception was great - the gift of dance was used delightfully, while the speeches were a real mix of light-heartedness and emotion and the cousins performed some musical tributes to the happy couple.

Not being a camera person, I think the best bet is to wait until we get some posted on Facebook...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home