Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Something... ah... controversial

In a recent consersation I was told to write a controversial post. So here goes...

I had growth group on Monday night. I've decided I'm going to be a bit more reckless, a little less contained, cos frankly, I was getting bored and uninspired and not as challenged as I should have been (other than, in some cases, my patience, which is a worthy endeavour in many an instance).

So, I think I'm going to try to return to being me... and hopefully growth group will be better for it.

Had Kidz Bizz on Sunday, which went really well, thank God. The highlight was rapping. Each leader had to do a verse (or in my case, I did the chorus). It got a few laughs. It was unaccompanied and I had only glanced at the words once before (course I didn't do the fully original make it up as I go along, yo dude yo. It's amazing what you can pull off if you just go headlong into something.

I umpired two games on Saturday. It hurt. It's always interesting when you start telling kids to "Stop acting like rednecks and just play footy". I was pretty buggered, so I had a kip at half time in the seniors. It all worked out pretty well.

And I got Sibelius 5, so I've been getting back into composing, which is fun, but it means I go to bed a bit too late every night and I don't post on my blog enough...

2 Comments:

Blogger Renae said...

Nice work! Um you slept at half time?? Wow you must be one relaxed umpire. :)

11:45 am  
Blogger BSJ-rom said...

What is there to get worked up about. It's just a game of footy. It's only millions of lives that are at stake...

9:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home