Thursday, July 10, 2008

My General Health

My scammed internet is running really slowly at the moment. I wonder if it means that other people in the neighbourhood have discovered it and are shamelessly downloading hideous amounts of 1s and 0s.

Anyway, I've pulled a couple of Uni-esque sort of nights the last couple of nights, which has been a real struggle. The drive home seems to take an eternity from Cambridge to Kingo. The reality is its only half an hour, but at one am, knowing that you have to front up the next day, it's really not attractive.

Last night/this morning (one and the same at that hour) I was doing the Cambridge to Kingo drive. I was driving along at 90km/h cos I was running low on petrol, but it was still well into the 110km/h zone. In the breakdown lane, was this guy walking along with his big hiking pack, strolling along as if nothing could be more normal than seeing some twit driving home from the Hydro office at 1am. Weird dude.

I also had my blood pressure tested and I was found to have low blood pressure. Not enough stress in my life. So, a couple of late nights later, and it was back in the normal range. Had my cholesterol and blood sugar checked too. They were both low - contrary to family history. I am a picture of good health - despite the fact that my shins have started hurting again...

Oh, and mum and dad leave like next Tuesday or something like that. It's all pretty crazy. They'll be gone for four months, going up to do some volunteer work in Darwin as well as some well earned R and R.

4 Comments:

Blogger Renae said...

Not enough stress? I too have low blood pressure and a low pulse. I think that's a good thing..

Um more to the point, what was the guy with the hiking pack doing hiking at 1am? Was he lost?

12:24 am  
Blogger BSJ-rom said...

As I know. He didn't seem at all fazed by the fact that someone would be working at Hydro that late... It was one of the strangest things on my list of strange things. You don't go backpacking at 1am. It really isn't kosher or Halal.

11:28 am  
Blogger mike said...

You are getting settled down. You'll start putting on weight. Welcome to post University life ;)

9:14 pm  
Blogger BSJ-rom said...

C'mon, I'd be struggling to put too much weight on. I'm still doing about 50km a week...

10:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home