Monday, November 24, 2008

The week that was

Hmmm, the latest...

Well, a solid second in the national energy essay comp... equal second, but technically first. We scored 10k from Babcock and Brown. They're almost broke now.

And Point to Pinnacle... was stoked - knocked over 10mins off my previous time - 1h52min39. Corresponds to 38th. I latched on to the girl who came second for the first 15km. Then she burnt me off. But she only beat me by 40s... so didn't drop off too bad. It's a pretty hard half marathon, especially without having done lots of long runs, like I should have. So was stoked with the result.

I was quite amazed, cos I hadn't had a decent night's sleep since Tuesday night... and Michael and Deneickah's wedding was the day/night before. I was expected to fall in a ragged heap and possibly not make it.

And Anne-Sophie has popped in for a visit, much to mum's delight - as it's her birthday today. So I took pretty much all of today off.

3 Comments:

Blogger Renae said...

Happy birthday to your mum!

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

(candles)

11:22 pm  
Blogger Phil said...

Good work on the run... I'm planning on going for a slightly shorter one this evening...

9:09 am  
Blogger BSJ-rom said...

It's 110 candles between mum and dad now. My parents are so bright!

Cheers Phil.

9:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home