Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Cadbury Half Marathon

Sunday, 4th January, saw me run the Cadbury half, a 21km course from the Chocolate factory, out to St Virgils, back to the Derwent Entertainment Centre, and back to Cadbury's.

I've done quite a reasonable amount of running, though it's all been in the form of rep work. The problem however, is that I simply have not done enough kms in the form of long runs. I should have at least been doing one 15-20km run a week and I haven't done anything near that since before Burnie 10 in October. As a result, I got to the 16 or 17km mark and suddenly blew up. I went from running 4min kms to 5min kms. In the end I ran 1h28m25s in 33rd (the paper had me at 1h28m45s, but I think they got the times out by one place.) So, there's plenty of room for improvement.

At the end of it, apart from being exhausted, I had developed some sizeable blisters on the underside of my feet. Three days later, and I'm starting to get over them. But my legs are sore: calves and quads in particular. But, I suppose I've gotten through two training sessions and a game of touch footy so far, so I can't be doing too bad.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jonny said...

The Cadburys marathon is a beautiful course that takes in some of Hobarts best roads and suburbs. I'm sure you were tempted to do another lap. All those Commodores and Kenworths going up the Brooker. Breathe in the atmosphere!

10:01 am  
Blogger BSJ-rom said...

You could cut the atmosphere with a knife... if it didn't corrode so quickly...

10:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home