Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Years

Well, wasn't New Years fun!

I endured a significant amount of indecision in the lead up, but eventually things happened.

I had the grand plan of rocking from party to party with a carton of ginger beer. A fantastic idea. I had Captain Darling on board with the idea. My first party that I was to tackle alone was a catch up with a friend from uni, her partner, their bub and Tex, who they work(ed) with at the Republic. I thought the party was meant to start at 7, but 7 was just the street number. It had kicked off at 5. Oops. Anyway, they had plenty of prawns left, and salads and a meaty kebab, so I indulged.

Tex is an interesting guy. He was elected to Sorell council because of a dare that occurred at a dinner party. He was on the dole, with long hair and living in a fybro shack when he filled in his forms. He was subsequently elected unopposed. He gleefully told us about the accusations of corruptions levelled at Sorell council. The story went that the head of the Tasmanian fraud squad investigated it, and when he found everything was above board, the Sorell Council published the police report, which made the person who levelled those accusations appear rather foolish. (The greens hadn't tabled the accusation, but were convinced that there were indeed dodgy dealings, and were also shattered to hear of the full investigation yielding no results.) The individual, according to Tex, then tried to sue the Sorell council for publishing the police report. Anyway, much could be written about that unidentified individual, but that can wait for another post...

Then I played Twister and did some Yoga moves back in Kingston. All started to get out of hand when people wanted me to take my clothes off... So I quit while I was ahead. Too much sugar in the ginger beer. It was awesome.

Then into town for the fire works. Ah, fireworks! They were pretty.

And then randomly running into people I knew in town. Good times all round.

And then knocked back another two ginger beers at the party in Kingston after town before heading home.

Good, solid new years...

2 Comments:

Blogger Jonny said...

And what about the marathon? Under 3 hours, or did you die.

10:50 pm  
Blogger Renae said...

That's amusing..

It was a good New Years. Where are your resolutions?

9:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home