Wednesday, July 25, 2007

In case you'd forgotten how insane I am...

I went to the beach this evening, Justin and I. We went in and bathed our tired quadraceps, calves and hamstrings. I have not felt water quite that cold for longer than I can remember (if at all) (other than ice, or freshly melted ice, you get the idea you pedants). It's meant to be therapeutic. It had bloody well better be because it was one of the more painful experiences. It made my legs sting in ways that they have never stung before...

And last night I managed another PB - this time for the 2km: come down from 6min53 to 6min45, which corresponds to 81s laps. I finished in 78. Interestingly, my previous best was set in the second half of my 4km timetrial last year, so I may well have been able to go below that time last year (back in the golden days when I was fit). And then I ran a PB, or close enough to one for the 400m - about 61.5s (I finished in between the guys who ran 61s and 62s). Previous best was 62.

Ok, so I've scared everyone off with all my boring running details, so now I can reveal the confidential details of my HPV design. As far as my HPV progress goes, (vehicle, not virus) I got my progress report back. One of the things that I have to decide is whether to stick to the traditional chain/derailleur drive train, or be daring (and expensive) with a shaft drive/hub gear set up. There's not much documentation on mechanical efficiencies of such systems in bicycles, let alone in HPVs. Problem is that the hub gear that I'd like to use costs about A$1500, and we need two of them... But I got an HD for my report so I'm very excited... this is almost a return to the glory days of highschool. (Please excuse all the nostalgia, there's been a bit lately.)

To add to the nostalgia, Mike reckons I've been blogging about a year. He is to be commended for enduring my poignant rants.

Further nostalgic moment: Sam completed his series on Matthew's Gospel. He returned to Chapter 7 as he had gotten someone else to do that particular talk previously. So now he has covered all of Matthew. A nice little nine year stint. (I think it's nine???)

Sorry Jonny, can't be bothered with posting pics tonight...

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Just reading about all that exercise makes me feel tired

8:38 pm  
Blogger Renae said...

Yeah and Damon was there for the first one! So what's this football this weekend you speak of?

1:54 am  
Blogger Taz said...

Don't worry, I hadn't forgotten how insane you are. Good work with the running, I haven't been able to go to the gym all week now so I feel cranky. Good work on the report, and what pics?

11:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home