Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Lunch Time

Fifteen minutes till lunch time and not enough time to really start doing the work I should be doing... Blogspot or Facebook, that is the question??? Well, I guess the blog won out.

My weekend was too short. A good thing I've got the week to catch up on much needed rest.

A fantastic footy game on Saturday where one of the field umpires got a death threat was obviously a highlight - New Norfolk got over Hobart in a thriller at the TCA.

Apparently grown men giving death threats (in front of their kids or grandkids) is acceptable. Apparently it's acceptable for club presidents to carry on like pork chops (is pork chop rhyming slang for anything???), verbally abusing people in a very loud and crude manner is also acceptable. Not even my placating hair could calm them. Ironically their team ended up winning.

Nine minutes 'til lunch.

Then on Sunday I again umpired Hobart and New Norfolk. Not such a cracking game. The most frustrating thing was that the Auskick kids wouldn't get off the ground (not the kids fault, rather the fault of the coaches). We started 40mins late. This made me frustrated because I was meant to be back in Kingston for music practice at 5pm - the game only ended up finishing at five to five. But I got some good practice in for my football juggling...

Speaking of football juggling, I'm going to Oatlands on the weekend - Central Hawks v Dodges Ferry. So I get to see my fan club again! I have way too much fun at those regional league games.

A whole post on footy - not very thoughtful. I'm sorry.

I suppose there is also the World View Survey happening at FOCUS. Despite my semi-deist tendencies, I still came out as a theist... I raised a few eyebrows when I made the claim that morality is meaningless.

Anyway, it's 11:59, so time to go...

5 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Yes, you seemed rather excited at the prospect of coming out as a non-theist (or at least a combination).

10:55 pm  
Blogger Renae said...

I got Pantheist when I used the follow-the-arrows page in the back of the MYC book! Haha.. oops. When it said "God exists independently of the world" I unthinkingly said no. But when I actually thought about the answers I got Christian Theist :)

1:06 am  
Blogger Taz said...

Can I get a copy of this survey? Methinks it would be interesting to see what I might be. :-)

9:04 am  
Blogger Jonny said...

I know of New Norfolks reputation and I don't even follow football.

What does your blog/uni work time ratio look like?

10:25 am  
Blogger BSJ-rom said...

Roughly 10:1 in favour of uni work - if you include all the politics that I've been sifting through...

Phil, I'll see what I can do.

I reckon the surveys were over-simplified for a full analysis, despite the lovely little flow diagram. Anyway, off to do some surveying (smiling).

11:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home