Thursday, February 07, 2008

Job Details

So, I finally landed a job. It's in the renewable energy section of Hydro Tasmania Consulting, mainly focusing on wind energy, and doing consulting work for Roaring 40s and the like (not sure who exactly "the like" is.). So, they want me to start straight away, so my sustained holiday is coming to an end - which is a little sad. But I've got a job doing stuff that I'm interested in, which is not necessarily what I'd be doing if I'd got a job earlier. So I thank God for that.

I was meant to be going to Perth for the start of next week for a site visit with Rio Tinto, but I've had to withdraw from the process. I would have loved, if nothing else, to see the mine and get a feel of how it all works up there. I suppose it's a bit of a mystery to me. But that's life, and things have fallen into place really nicely. So time to celebrate.

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Congratulations on the job. Are you pleased it's in Tassie? I suppose it makes it easier and everything. And it's great that you've got a job in your interest area. My sister is having trouble getting a teaching job (this side of the river), so she's looking for jobs unrelated to her main qualification. Hopefully she'll get something.

11:43 pm  
Blogger BSJ-rom said...

Cheers mate. Yeah, Tassie keeps things a bit simpler, so that's nice. And it's in renewables, which is an area I'm pretty interested in.

What specifically is Adrianna looking for?

9:43 am  
Blogger mike said...

Congrats mate this is great news. I'm glad you'll still be around... now you've got some dosh you can become one of my supporters ;)

4:49 pm  
Blogger Erica said...

Congrats :)

3:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home