Monday, August 06, 2007

(w)Hoops

I had a 2hour conversation this afternoon on hoops... possibly not the best use of my time, but it was rather amusing. It was decided that we should start a hoop factory instead of a pulpmill. And we need to start training the kids in the art of all things hoop. We discussed the philosophy of hoops, the theology of hoops and the power of hoops. Hoops are in everything. Anyway, I was meant to be doing my uni work...

Then this evening, I was again hoping to do uni work, but in its stead I helped dad edit his editorial for some newslettery thingo... Being critical is particular important - and we were watching the crappy singers on aus idle at the same time, so the criticisms were coming thick and fast! Always constructive though!

It was quite amusing to see mum and dad happily watching a music show with the TV muted. Admittedly, when they turned the sound back on, I realised that they weren't missing much.

And Mr Smith, my physical science teacher, physics teacher and homeroom teacher is releasing his novel: Quid and Harmony. That's happening not this Friday, but the next. Haven't seen him in too long.

He's a guy that I respect. He would take the time to think about stuff and challenge people with it. Maybe he presented his theories (not his theories so much as theories he was exploring) too strongly, but if you're going to argue something it's hardly worthwhile being half-hearted about it. People won't bother to think if you're not serious (or if you're too serious).

Anyway, that's that plus a little more, give or take.

5 Comments:

Blogger Taz said...

Donuts are hoops. More power to donuts.

2:09 pm  
Blogger Jonny said...

Is this book any good? He should do some proper work, not stupid fanticy. I may go for a look.

6:12 pm  
Blogger Taz said...

Go to his website at http://www.smithysbook.com/, he has the first 7 chapters up.

6:32 pm  
Blogger BSJ-rom said...

Yes mate, I'm very much aware of that...

3:30 pm  
Blogger Taz said...

It was in reply to Jonny's comment...

6:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home